March 3, 2015

Normal Day Part 2

The longer I work at this job, the more I’m realizing there may be no such thing as a normal day.  Here are a few of the things I’ve done so far this week.  


Wrote script for a show about WWI and worked on getting airplane models that are currently on display on the staff floor to use in the show.


Came in to work two hours late on Monday because of a late start due to the freezing rain we had on Sunday.  By the time I went in there were still a few slick spots but for the most part it was all melted.  

Found a great clip of video taken from an airship flying over battlefields from WWI.  Then began researching French copyright laws.


Helped moderate questions for the NACA (precursor to NASA) conference.  Got a couple cameos on NASA TV.  Also switched for part of one of the sessions that was on NASA TV.



NASA Administrator Charlie Bolden speaking at the conference.

Spent a half hour talking to an astronaut about the picture of him doing a spacewalk on display above the gallery.  He looked at the model of the EVA spacesuit we have in the museum and pointed out all of the things that weren't right.  For the most part the suit is a really good model.


Lunch at the Department of Education.  Their cafeteria is called “Ed-ibles.”  I thought it would be fitting if they had cafeteria tables and forced everyone eating there to finish up in 15 minutes.  


Was told by a curator that she had watched the space junk show and really enjoyed it.  


Seriously kicked around the idea of going to the Paris Air Show next year.


Had to give the wrap up symbol to a moderator of a panel discussion, which he ignored, twice, so one of our guys literally started dimming the lights.  


Worked on dates and back up dates for our hot air balloon shoot.  Next week we are filming a segment for the upcoming show in a hot air balloon.  I don’t think I’m flying.  Since I’m the only one in the crew who has already flown in a hot air balloon I’m staying on the ground filming.


Prepared for a meeting on Thursday with a senior curator.


Tried to figure out how to write into the script for the WWI show a segment that Sarah and the kids can be in since they will be into town in 11 days (not that I’m counting. . . okay, yes I am counting, and I can’t wait.)

No comments:

Post a Comment